Guided Field Trips
Connect your students to Nevada’s public lands! Through our reimbursement grant and in partnership with the Southern Nevada Agency Partnership, we offer guided field trips to schools, community centers, and other youth-based organizations.
- Get youth outside on a field trip with a naturalist to learn more about Southern Nevada Public Lands.
- Outdoor classrooms are ideal settings to investigate patterns, explore questions, and improve learning.
- Help youth strengthen science proficiency and their understanding of Mojave Desert natural resources!
Let us help cover the cost of transportation for field trips for youth to Public Lands. Schools, educators, and community organizations can apply for financial grants to help cover the cost of bus transportation for Public Lands Field Trips.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Applications must be submitted a minimum of ONE MONTH before the scheduled trip.
- Each reimbursable microgrant can be used to cover transportation costs for Public Lands Field Trips.
Our educator training sessions provide teachers with the knowledge, confidence, and certification to teach and guide your own field trip on public land!
- Sessions are held throughout the year at the following public land sites: Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, Spring Mountains National Recreation Area, and Desert National Wildlife Refuge.
- Training is open to all teachers, educators, youth group leaders, scout leaders, and more.
- Clark County School District educators can receive professional development education (PDE) credits through the PDE office.